Gail,

Thank you for the detail. I would suggest that you try the solution offered by
Jim Terry - switch on the mapping - if you haven't already. Please let us know
if it works for you.

I would like to see a screen shot of the Location Master List and will contact
you off list with an address which accepts attachments

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:04:20 -0500
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Master Location List
> From: bgv...@gmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> Hi Ron,
> I do appreciate everyone's help in trying to sort this out. I will
> put my responses after your questions.
> Gail
>
> On 8/20/09, ronald ferguson wrote:
>>
>> Gail,
>>
>> Firstly Ruth's problem was absolutely nothing to do with Legacy and has now
>> been resolved.
>>
>> 1. you updated from what? From Legacy V6 or an earlier version of V7.
>> I'm one of those who tries to keep current with the updates so it was from
>> the one immediately prior to this one.
>
>> 2. which version of Legacy are you using, Standard or Delux?
>> I am using deluxe and have been for years... can't do without all the
>> additional things that are available.
>
>> 3. Have you tried File>File Maintenance>Check Repair and Master Lists Clean
>> up?
>> I have run both and it didn't seem to help. I have closed Legacy and started
>> it up again thinking that might solve the issue. I notice that when I click
>> on the Master Location list, the screen that opens is only about the size of
>> the husband's "square" on the family page (the one that shows husband/wife,
>> parents and children). This is different from what it used to be. When I
>> enlarge the screen so that it is readable, it enlarges as desired but then
>> will not close down when "close" is clicked. It will close down if it is
>> clicked before enlarging. What is shown is the list of locations on the left
>> side, not in any order. In other words, the first few show: Duluth, St.
>> Louis County, Minnesota, USA;
> , Crow Wing County, Minnesota, USA; Thief River Falls, Pennington
> County, Minnesota, USA; Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, USA and so
> on. I usually have it set to sort Country, State, County, City.
>

>> 4. On your Location Master Lists Screen you should have locations on the
>> left, People on the right. Below the Locations a row of buttons (including
>> sort) and below that the map (de-lux version). What do you have?
>> On the right hand side, there are 6 buttons: "select" is grayed out,
>> "close", "add", "edit", "options" and "show list". On the bottom is a long
>> empty spot where I believe it used to show the short location when a
>> location is selected. There is a "help" button on the lower right side, even
>> with the long empty spot. When I click on a location and "show list",
>> nothing happens. Options opens the drop down menu. Edit opens the "Add/Edit
>> location" pop up box - there is nothing in the box even though there was
>> something highlighted in the list. Close gives me the egg timer shape and
>> then it locks up. I end up doing the ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.
>>
> I really appreciate your expertise and hope that somehow this all gets
> sorted out. If I can give you any other information, please let me
> [...]
Celebrate a decade of Messenger with free winks, emoticons, display pics, and
more.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/