From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of ronald ferguson
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:53 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Master Location List

Marilyn,

The only thing I could think of here, was that when you added the new
location to the master list that in the people column some were already
there (ie from a highlighted location). However, I tried this and no people
were added to the "silly location".

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:31:31 -0700
> From: paddypeppe...@yahoo.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Master Location List
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> Uh oh...I was reading the many problems Ruth and others are having with
the Master Locations list,, so I started trying to add a location myself. It
appeared to work OK if I added a location in association with my home person
-- I added a fake death date and a silly location. The silly location
appeared in the Master Location list. OK so far so good.

> Then I added a new, silly location in the Master Location list, using the
'add' button at the bottom of the list. I closed my Legacy pgm, then
re-opened it to find that the silly location has co-opted 6 of my
individuals' records! The silly location has replaced their burial location,
marriage location,baptism location (4 individuals).

> I didnt want to revert to a backup, so I went in and for every occurrance
of the silly location, I re-entered the correct location (which had
disappeared off the Master Location list).

> Now I am afraid to do any work on my Legacy files, for fear of clobbering
good data with bad, and never realizing it!!!

> So, how do I go back to the previous version of Legacy?
>
> Marilyn
> Legacy7 Deluxe v. 7.0.0.103 build date 11 Aug 2009; downloaded to my PC on
15 Aug 2009; running Vista Home Premium x64 bit

Windows Live Messenger: Thanks for 10 great years-enjoy free winks and
emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/