Ward:

Thank you for you time and valuable suggestions.  I will give your them very
serious thought and likely will adopt change what I am doing.  However, I hope
I can create a series of Master Sources as you suggested given what I have
already created.  Any suggestions?

As to your recent points:

First, I can count on two hands or so the number of Barbieri's who appeared in
Books and Publications.  There was only one book written about the history of
the small mountain town of Cerreto Sannita, Italy.  I had to order it from
Italy and it is in Italian (which I am having translated).  As for US books and
publications, only a few Barbieri's from Cerreto Sannita have been cited in
such sources.  If I write a Book that combines family and social history, I
have to cite such social history sources.  However, this has nothing to do with
family history documentation in Legacy.

Second, I have connected most of the 3000+ Barbieri's from this town from
1579-1900.  This was possible because I have about 90% of all the Barbieri
records from this town.  While my research is not finished, I don't anticipate
any future problems.  Perhaps if I had 25,000 individuals things would be
different.

Third, I am not having any trouble creating sources, amending sources etc.
Naming a new Master Source each time is not time consuming compared to typing
in the detail which has to done regardless if I create one or thousands of
Master Sources.  I don't see how your suggestions will cut down on the number
of detailed citations.

I could be wrong about these things.  Your advice is very much appreciated.
Clearly, it is a better way of organizing sources.

Mike Barberi

In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus autem caritas.
In essentials unity, in doubtful things liberty, but in all things love.
St. Augustine (A.D. 354 - 430)