Paula,

I believe this to be a matter of personal choice. We have had no indication
from Legacy that they intend to abandon the Basic Source option, and if they do
I imagine that there will be a massive outcry!

The advice we have had so far, from Geoff, is to make the change slowly, such
as when we have to add/change a source. I haven't quite followed this advice
myself, but not too far off it.

I have decided to retain many of my Basic Sources, such as for censuses and
vital events, even though I now also have Sourcewriter Sources for them. I
consider it would take far too long to change them to the Sourcewriter format
which I currently use.

I have changed a few where I have no Sourcewriter Sourcing, but these tend to
be rather a small number.

To summerise, I am intending to continue use Sourcewriter for most new entries
and keep the Basic ones which I already have.

New Tutorial: Embed a Blogger RSS feed on your webpage
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:33:37 -0700
> From: paula.ryb...@sbcglobal.net
> Subject: [LegacyUG] pros/cons source conversion
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> I have been contemplating converting my (old) sources from Basic to Source
> Writer format. However, I'm thinking I just have the urge to do it due to my
> personality... "everything must match" etc.
>
> I would appreciate it if any of you on this list could share with me any
> concrete advantages to converting perfectly good Basic format sources to
> Source Writer format.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --Paula in Texas

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/