From: Kirsten Bowman <vik...@rvi.net>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:56:14 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] When Do you import versus merging ??

George:

When you import a GEDCOM from FTM into Legacy you'll probably be shocked at the
data entry inconsistencies you'll find.  I know I was, and many others have
said the same thing.  For this reason I think it would be best to handle the
GEDCOMs separately.  Open them in separate Legacy files and clean up one at a
time before you consider merging them.  Personally I *hate* merging files
because I'm never quite sure exactly what's going to come along with the merge;
I'd rather use the largest file as my base and then manually add data from the
other smaller files.  Other users are probably braver and can give you better
guidance on merging if you decide on that route, but don't fail to clean up the
files before merging.

Kirsten