From: Paula Ryburn <paula.ryb...@sbcglobal.net>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 8:40:19 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Step children in descendent chart--was: Chart question

Jenny,
I understand what you're saying.
However, the spouses of direct line descendents are included even though they
are not blood relations.  And the child from a previous marriage of that spouse
is also a 1/2 child of the spouse in the descendent line, right?  I know I will
get "flamed" about this, but when we all try so hard to include a child into
our family (especially when the circumstances of their birth or early childhood
are difficult), it seems cruel to leave them out of our family tree.  The
example we have is one of the grandchildren on my husband's side.  I wouldn't
want to print a family tree (descendent) at all if someone who is part of the
family was going to see that "technically" they are not part of the family.
Hey, I'm not usually labeled "touchy feely" but...  How hard would it be to add
an option to include 1/2 children?
With that "opening volley" (I'm sure), I'm signing off for the night. ;)
 --Paula in Texas
Researching: Adair Baker Betz Bigley Blagrave Burton Chapman Clement Clough
Coppernoll Costine Daulton Dinwiddie Doody Ellis Exline Field Floran Floyd
Gates Goodale Gordon Gump Harbaugh Hopkins Hughes Jones Koyle Laswell McDonald
Misner Passwaters Pelton Roberts Roche Ryburn Sullivan Williams