Can we get it perfectly clear that Legacy Charting *will* display half kids
if they are entered correctly into Legacy, in the same way that the other
programs which you quote do. And in the same way incertain circumstances may
actually appear twice, in, say, descendant reports, once as the descendant
of the birth parent and once as the descendant of the partnership.

1/2 kids have a relationship to their adopted or step parents (to mention
but 2 options) and they *must be linked* to the marriage and not just the
birth parent, in other words they need to be linked twice. Their status to
the non-biological parent can be entered into the relevant fields.

If they are not linked then, correctly, they will *not * show.

In other words there is *not* a problem with Legacy, but with how the kids are being linked.

RonFerguson

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
For The Fergusons of N.W. England
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/ronfergy

Alan Jones wrote:
I was thinking that some of the other Genealogy programs out there
can show 1/2 children and multiple marriages etc in charting?

I can't remember but it seems like I have seen a few that do this.

anyone else know?

Jenny M Benson wrote:
Mary Figgins wrote
There is no problem showing the 1/2 children in Legacy.  What I
need is a chart such as descendancy that would show these children
that are related by marriage and not blood.

Your problem is that Legacy (and Legacy Charting) are *genealogy*
programs and genealogy is based on blood relationships.  You cannot
have a "descendancy" chart which shows non-blood relatives because
they are not descendants!  Legacy will show 1/2 children because
Legacy shows them  as part of a family unit of parents-and-children
and they are related by blood to one of the parents.  (Even if you
indicate a child is fostered, adopted or whatever, Legacy assumes a
blood-relationship between that child and the parents in the parent
position when you enter the child.)