If you open the Family page for the  individual, you can either click on the
little note icon below the information filed, or click on the field to open
the information page. Under Events/.Facts select Add, then enter Census in
the event field. Enter the date and location of the census, then click on
the books above  the description and you can add the source information for
the census.