Ron Ferguson wrote
I am not suggesting that you should follow my practice, but I am simply giving an illustration of one different way of doing things. As others have said, the choice is yours.

Below my signature on this message (as on all LUG messages) there are a number of links, including one to the archives of this list. If you care to spend a little time trawling the archives you will find *masses* of information on how various LUGgers use Census information and input it into Legacy. I'm sure you'll find some of the ideas helpful in deciding how to tackle Censuses yourself and perhaps become aware of some of the pitfalls new users have fallen into in the past. (That last comes from someone who is currently "re-doing" her Census data for about the 3rd time!)
--
Jenny M Benson