To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: 03 October 2009 09:58
Subject: [LegacyUG] What to cite?

Hello everyone-

I have a couple questions if you don't mind:

1)-What are your opinions on what information to cite? I have some individuals in my family who appear in many records; for example, one of my 6th great-grandfathers appears no less than 17 times in church records. Is it appropriate for me to create citations for all 17 times his name appeared in the records?

2)-For more recent ancestors, their names may appear dozens of times in various records. Do I cite only the most reliable (vital, church records) ones or cite other obscure ones as well that give the same information? This is something that I have been thinking about for a long time and just need some opinions on it.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Eric