Eric wrote
1)-What are your opinions on what information to cite?  I have some individuals in my family who appear in many records; for example, one of my 6th great-grandfathers appears no less than 17 times in church records.  Is it appropriate for me to create citations for all 17 times his name appeared in the records?

2)-For more recent ancestors, their names may appear dozens of times in various records.  Do I cite only the most reliable (vital, church records) ones or cite other obscure ones as well that give the same information?  This is something that I have been thinking about for a long time and just need some opinions on it.

Presumably most of the different appearances in the various records are for different Events and if you are recording those Events (and why would you not?) you will want to include Source Citations.

Where you do have several different Sources for the same event you may cite all of them to show how valid the information is or you might consider it not necessary to cite more than 2 or 3 Sources for the same Event if they are all giving exactly the same information. If they are giving different information you should cite them all to show there is some discrepancy but you can give more weight to those you believe to be more reliable.
--
Jenny M Benson