Hi James,
I am actually first a life story writer and second a genealogist, so
your question is dear to my heart.
If you don't already use it for something, the obvious answer is the
notes sections for individuals, where you have plenty of space.

Me personally, I leave the stories out of my genealogy program, and
rather use another writing program for that.  Ever hear of the
"TheJournal"?  GREAT application, lots of flexibility for all kinds of
writing, and yet also simple to use.  I am not a front person for the
creator, just a VERY satisfied customer.  The owner, "David" has
phenomenal customer service through his yahoo group.  check out his
website at www DOT davidrm DOT com.  Although I still input all my
stories in my journal, I have appreciated the addition of the
interview questions in Legacy, and they have already helped me with an
interview I did recently.

Hope all this helps!
Dawn in NJ