On Wed, 12 May 2010 19:08:29 +0100, Jenny M Benson
<ge...@cedarbank.me.uk> wrote:

>Bruce Jones wrote
>>Hmm... His method seems to work for me.
>>I displayed an event "census" on an individual, copied the event to the
>>clipboard, closed the event, added a new event, pasted from the
>>clipboard, added a "2" to the name (census2), and clicked on save.  A
>>popup box asked  "Is census2 correct?".  I clicked on yes, then saved
>>everything, went to View, Master Lists, Event Definitions and "Census2
>>was now there.
>
>How very odd - I did exactly the same (except that I renamed "Education"
>to "Schooling") and didn't get any pop-up and Schooling wasn't added to
>the Master List.

What Bruce did was add a new Master Event (or Event Type) with all the
default event sentences. It didn't copy anything from the old Master
Event to the new. You can do the same thing by skipping all the
clipboard business. Just go to an individual, click "Add" to add an
event, then type in an Event Type that doesn't already exist. Legacy
will add it to the Master Event table with the default sentences.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools