Jack Earnshaw wrote
>I just checked this and the problem is still there in 7.4.0.39. Below
>is an extract from a report I just ran
>
>14. Marjorie Best (Alfred John 2, Samuel John 1) was born on 28 Jun
>1912 in Exmouth, Devon, England and died in Jul 1988 in Exeter, Devon,
>England aged 76. Marjorie married someone Henry H "Harry" Crane Mar Q
>1948 in Devon Central, England

I really *don't* think you're dumb, but have you checked the "Husbands
of ..." screen for Marjorie, JUST IN CASE you haven't actually
deleted/overwritten the Unkown person?

I only ask because when I was playing around with this problem I found I
kept getting a result like you but when I checked it turned out I hadn't
deleted an Unknown which I was sure I had done!  When the Unknown
doesn't have any details entered, it's easy not to notice they are
there.
--
Jenny M Benson