On 2010/09/29 12:07, Ron Ferguson wrote:

> I doubt if the use of a colon will make any different to the mapping
> function, and the rest of the location certainly doesn't - it is basically
> the format I always use, and I do use the mapping facility. In fact from the
> point of view of mapping, using the full address for the location gives a
> much more accurate result (providing the road still exists!).

Ron,
You and I are pretty much of one mind when it comes to the confusion
that Legacy causes over Locations and place names. To your views
concerning the 4-part location name, I would add that not only is it
very US-centric, it is also very closely tied to the Geo-Database and is
thus closely tied to modern naming conventions.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry