Scott, I'm interested in what Ron will have to say on that also.  But
a lot of us use Legacy to maintain our database, but also use something
akin to TNG - The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding to create a
website.  With TNG, place names are sorted according to the divisions
used, separated by commas, but I believe you could use however many
divisions you want.  But if you were to use:

Southhampton, Hampshire County, England, UK
Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
_*The result would be that England would sort with Illinois in a place
list.*_

Ron, I'm just wondering why you would even want to put UK there at all?
(It's a kingdom, not a country, right?)     Anyway, I've been putting:

Southampton, Hampshire County, , England
(Whether you actually have States in England, I don't know, but by using
a blank division between commas, I force the list to put all the
countries together in the alphabetical place list.

Just another thought...    --Jerry