>From previous LUG discussions, I had been under the impression that the
Address fields (at the '+' signs) had the disadvantage of not showing up in
certain output products (as opposed to the Location fields). A quick
experiment with a burial address indicates that the Address shows up nicely,
in brackets, after the Location, in Family Group Sheets and Descendant
Narrative reports. It does not show on graphical charts (probably a good
thing). It does not show on web pages. Of course it is not visible in Legacy
on Family View -- probably not so important.

I think if the addresses were to be made available in web pages, then I
would consider switching over to using this field instead of Location, for
cemetery and hospital names.

The Notes fields at the '+' signs are a little different from the Address
fields. These notes appear to be for the event (e.g., burial), rather than
for the location of the event. The notes appear in their own section of
reports, sometimes well removed from where the event date/location appears.
Furthermore, you can't select a previously entered cemetery or hospital from
a master list, like you can for Addresses. These notes can, however, be
selected to appear on web pages. (I used the 'Individual' style in my
experiment.) Overall, using the Notes field just for a cemetery/hospital
name seems to add clutter/verbosity, in my opinion.

Of course, those of you who create your own burial event are prepared to
occupy a little more space in the reports, compared to the Burial
Date/Location fields (with or without Address) approach. Presumably you turn
off the display of the Burial Date/Location fields, if you always and only
use your custom events. At least this event can appear on web pages.

Does this sum it up correctly?

   Ward