Is there any way to change the default file locations within Legacy?

Because I have so many families I have a directory where I break everything
down va their surname, e.g.
        My Genealogy\Boles
        My Genealogy\Boles\Birth Documents
        My Genealogy\Boles\Death Documents
        My Genealogy\Boles\Marriage Documents
        Etc, and I have over 50 such directories

Legacy's default locations are:
        C:\legacy\data
        C:\legacy\pictures
        C:\legacy\sounds
        C:\legacy\docs
        Etc

Legacy won't allow me to type in a new file location and when I attempt to
use the mouse/windows icon to identify the new location it takes me as far
as "c:\users" but won't move down beyond that point.

I am running Windows 7 so all my documents are located within the Documents
directory under the Libraries.

Has anyone found a workaround for this problem?
Ron
Canada