Yes, I'm aware that the multimedia files are not stored 'in' Legacy, only
the links are there.  That is really what I'm referring to, the links.  So
yes, I am saving that as a source and I will attach the multimedia file to
that source.  I was wondering about a 'general' place to add that multimedia
link/information so that you would know that there is a source that affects
the entire family line without adding that source to every individual person
in that line.  I would normally only individually source this to people
where there is some sort of conflict in information; i.e., adding an
alternate birth for instance and then I'd source that chart that I received
from a family member.  But then it would be helpful to know that chart
exists because it also 'confirms' to some extent (yes, this is a very loose
statement for the purpose of this question) the information that we both
have if it is the same.

I suppose I can add a short statement into the 'notes' and then attach the
source there and repeat that on the direct line descendents. Just wondered
what others do with that.

And yes, I do want to have every bit of information that I can included in
the multimedia links.  I think that is absolutely essential if I were to
pass on this research to anyone else; in fact, I intend to go back through
my files (eventually) and add in scans of the paper documents in my files
since the vast majority of my research was done that way in the past.  I
want someone to be able to click on the link and have that document right
there for them to view without looking for a file folder or browse through
my computer file folders.

Thanks, Kathy

--
Kathy Meyer

STRESS:  when your gut says "NO WAY" and your mouth says "NO PROBLEM"

"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things you have
never before done."
--Richard G. Scott, "Finding the Way Back," Ensign, May 1990, 74

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results. ~ Albert Einstein