I've been away from the list, and my genealogy files, for awhile. In the midst
of research tonight, I entered some information regarding an ancestor's
marriage place. To make a long story short, the county verifier did not seem to
"be aware" of the fact that Kentucky did not achieve statehood until 1792, but
lists counties formed prior to that, when Kentucky was part of Virginia. Is
this a known problem? Something I just need to work around?

Roxanne Wolfe