I was working on a new line about a week ago.  I was using this source...

Edgar C. Emerson, editor, Our County And It's People. A Descriptive Work on
Jefferson County, New York (Boston, MA: The Boston History Company, 1898),
905-906.

I was only working with a family group of 6 people.   Today I was adding a
couple of obituaries from Genealogy Bank.  The person I brought up, someone
that I haven’t even looked at in probably 2 years or more, had the above book
listed as a source on every single fact!  And when I say EVERY one I mean every
one.  Even fields that had no data at all had this source.  Even if I had hit
the source all button it wouldn’t have done that!  There is no way I could have
done this by accident.

So, I go the the Master Source Lists and click on view list for this source.  I
had only worked with 6 people with this source yet there were TWENTY people
that showed using the source.  I went to each person and deleted every source
from every field on every person.  I did not use advanced sourcing in case
anyone asks me that.  None of these people were tagged, not even the 6 I was
actually working with.

The people that I was working with were from the mid 1700s.  The extra people
that got sourced were all people from the 1900s (before the referenced book was
even written).  Again, the people that got source are people in my file that I
haven’t even brought up on the screen in at least 2 years.

This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this happen.

michele