On 9/21/2011 8:15 PM, Syble Glasscock wrote:

Is there a way to search for instances a date. I added his year of death
as 1839. I thought maybe it sent the information to someone else.

You can go to the SEARCH icon up at the top of your icon menubar (or
click on the word Search in the menu above that), then do the following:

Look for:  INDIVIDUAL
Where to Look: BIRTH DATE
How to Look: Contains
What to Look: 1839

Then click on create list and you will have a list of every person in
your database which contains 1839 in their date of birth.

By the way, is Legacy prompting you to backup your database each and
every time you exit Legacy?   That's probably a very good idea if you
have that configured, or maybe it's automatic - I know it always comes
up that way for me.  Good luck!

Jerry - MerriamFamilyTree.org