From: Erica Portelli [mailto:tan...@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: 23 October 2011 00:30
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] some of my notes have disappeared

I was looking at electoral rolls on Ancestry last night and entering names
addresses occupations etc into my Legacy research notes of various members
of the same family, intending to later go over each one and enter this
information in their events fields.
Suddenly the most recent (probably the last hour of work) disappeared, the
earlier notes from the first couple of hours is still there, but nothing I
added towards the end.
The notes field for 3 family members are totally blank and I know I had
entered information there.
This seemed to happen as I clicked between general and research notes
fields.
It may also have happened a week ago but at the time I put it down to being
overtired and thinking I was looking at the wrong person, but now I am sure
this has happened before.

By coincidence when the first incident happened a week ago I had just
started to use Dropbox as a backup after hearing so many good reports.  I'm
wondering if this is somehow connected as I've never had this problem
before.
When I save each entry before moving to another screen, does this 'save' go
to Dropbox or to my temporary folder
When I look at the general info box, it tells me my family file path is:
C:\Users\Tom & Erica\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\ATZK0IED\ALL-family-current-OCT[1].fdb
Is this something to do with the internet connection to Dropbox - I'm not a
computer wiz but it looks to me that the file I'm relying on to open each
time I open Legacy, is likely to go if I do a clean up on my computer and
delete any temporary files.

On the scale of things, the missing notes are not a huge problem, I can
backtrack to see what is missing, but would like to know if it is a problem
with my programme that I should report as I would not like it to continue.

I'm also thinking that for the sake of being able to sit with my laptop in a
comfy chair may not have been worth Dropbox even though I do love the
concept, I might go back to the USB backups.

BTW I have the latest Legacy 7.5.0.112 and am running Windows 7 -64 bit.
TIA
Erica