I am not saying that there is anything wrong with expressing your opinion of
how you use the location and address fields.  As has been stated many, many
times, the Legacy developers have provided a tool that is very flexible and
gives us different ways to use it.  How we use it is up to each individual.
The question to be asked by each of us is "Does the way I enter data provide me
with the end result I want, whether it be in reports, GEDCOM format, or web
pages in order to share this data with others?"

What I take issue with is someone saying that putting the full location name in
the location field is WRONG.  I have never and will never tell someone who has
chosen to use the 4-field convention for the location fields and puts the full
address in the address field (for vital fields) that his or her procedure is
wrong.  We have all chosen the way we enter data.  There also is nothing wrong
with taking a step back and looking at this periodically to see if perhaps we
as individuals need to re-think the way that we do it because the end-result
needs have changed.  If the decision to change is made, it is not wrong.

I don't know if I am in the minority in regards to how I use location and
address fields.  I would suspect that this group of users has been vocal in
that we are sharing our experiences and why we chose to use the method that we
do but we also will state that neither method is wrong.  We also just happen to
be the people who share the most with the users on this list by providing
assistance and answering questions.  You may call it "grumpy"; I certainly
don't.

So now, let's move on...

Mary

Sent from my iPad