The trouble with those who wish to or use one address location with notes
along with the GPS coordination is the one address that is used can then be
very misleading. For instance I have a family that lived in Granville,
McHenry County, North Dakota. The problem, over the years is that is hasn't
just bee a simple county change, but state changes.
For Example:
1834 - Granville, Dubuque County, Missouri Territory
1836 - Granville, Wisconisn Territory County, Wisconsin
1837 - Granville, Fayette County, Wisconsin
1838 - Granville, Iowa Territory County, Iowa
1843 - Granville, lost to a non-county area in North Dakota
1846 - Granville unorganized Dakota Territory
1849 - Granville, Pembina County, Minnesota Territory
1858 - Granville, unorganized North Dakota territory
1871 - Granville, Buffalo, South Dakota
1873 - Granville, McHenry, North Dakota

So if I am looking for a birth of child in the years 1834-1858, if I spend
my time looking in North Dakota, I would not be able to locate them. I do
need to know if I should be looking in Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa, Dakota
Terrirotry, Minnesota Territory, North Dakota Territory, South Dakota, or
at last North Dakota. The GPS location never changed, but the location name
certainly did. I use the location name as it was at the time. Yes in does
add the length of my location list, but the benefits far outweigh the
shortcomings.

I can give many more of these types of examples because in my research,
many of the people went to unorganized territories.

Just my two cents worth.
Vivian