-----Original Message-----
From: Bob
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 1:40 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Baptism and Christening

On 2011-12-18 23:33, Colin Liddell wrote:
> I don't think Sherry meant that, what she was saying (in my view) is that
> there is an option to change burial to cremation if you want and this can
> be
> applied to anyone, it is not overall.

Yes, I understand that.  The problem is that changing an event to a
totally different thing does not eliminate the need for the original
unrelated event.  Simply changing the word Buried to Cremated does not
mean that you no longer need a Buried event.

Cremation occurs on a specific date at a specific place.
Burial can also occur and it will be on a different date and a different
place.

If I could have only one of those, I would stick with the burial since
people probably are interested in where the final resting place is.  I
doubt that anyone cares when or where the cremation took place.

Bob,

Customs in families and countries do vary, which is why it is very wrong to
make generalisations. In my family, and as far as I know, in England, it is
not customary to follow a cremation with a burial. What is common is for the
ashes to be spread at a place close to other relatives, or at a spot special
to them.

It follows, that it is the date of cremation which is the important event,
and not the date of the disposal of the ashes. Hence Legacy is quite correct
in having an option of burial or cremation. If you wish to have a further
event then by all means create one for yourself, but please leave us to
enjoy the program as it stands.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/