From: "Jerry" <jerrysemailgro...@gmail.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Baptism and Christening

It really becomes a matter of one's religious beliefs as to whether the
terms are the same.  Most of the evangelical Christian churches do not
use the term christening because they believe the Bible only teaches
adult baptism and normally by immersion, which is the actual meaning of
the Greek word "baptizo" - to immerse.  Not wanting to introduce any
controversy on that - everyone has to be persuaded in their own minds
and according to their own beliefs, but that is "perhaps" why it is
better to use the term baptism, rather than christening, as it covers it
for both belief systems.  And in the event it doesn't, then you can
simply add your own event and call it whatever you think is appropriate.

Jerry - MerriamFamilyTree.org