On 23/12/2011 15:12, Bob Rowe wrote:
> I have gone at this in two ways and not sure which one I like better.
> For some of the BMD events I have used “Q2, 1841” as my entry and in
> another I might have used Apr, 1841 [using the first month in the
> quarter]. I always add a note in the event making reference to the fact
> that the date and month is unclear because of their method of indexing.

I would find it very confusing to use "Apr, 1841" in place of "June Q
1841."  For one thing, I think it is generally the last month of the
Quarter which is used to identify it, if all 3 months are not specified.
  But also, if I know an event took place in April 1841 but didn't know
the precise date, I would then enter "April 1841" and that, to me means
something very different to "June Q 1841".  A fairly precise date such
as "April 1841" means that the event took place in that month, wherease
"June Q 1841" means the event was *registered* in April, May or June.

--
Jenny M Benson