Thanks Ron.  I agree with you (probably more than I disagree), but
without some standardization, where would we be?  We could not even get
off first base, so there is a balance there.   I just wish that the
definitions for AKA, nicknames, spelling variations, etc., were just
thought out better in the gedcom standards because, as you know, it
becomes more difficult to do searches.    Just my thoughts,  --Jerry