On 3/12/2012 11:49 AM, Tessa wrote:
> could you do a global search and replace; I noticed when I was adding
> a few this "switch" I just fixed it on the new entries and made a note
> when I add a location that I need to correct.  It would be nice to
> have a work around AND if these changes were highlighted before - and
> i know you can check what the changes are but highlighting the biggies
> would just be thoughtful.
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Sherry/Support
> <she...@legacyfamilytree.com>  wrote:
>> It was changed to United States because that's the standard for
>> submitting data to the newFamilySearch site. Â The programmer changed
>> the way the country is returned when you use the Geo Location
>> Database. Â We need to comply with their standards for not only the LDS
>> users but anyone who wishes to contribute to that database.
>>
>> You can always change it back by going to the Master Location List and
>> clicking on Options>  Expand/Contract Location Parts.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Sherry
>> Technical Support
>> Legacy Family Tree

  Yes, I could do either or both of those things.  The point is I should
not be forced to do either of them to maintain continuity within MY
database.  It should be an OPTIONAL choice, not a forced choice.  I have
no intention of submitting my data to newFamilySearch so I should not be
forced to use their standard.

--

Gene Young
Researching Young, Harer, Cox & Sallada