That's what I do, too.  I can then enter "State" in the Description if I have a
state census.
 --Paula

________________________________
From: Terri Brown <ridge...@yahoo.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Mon, March 19, 2012 6:24:34 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] 1930 US census

One census event. In the Description field I identify US Federal or British. The
date I use is the actual enumeration date but just the year would be fine if
that is all you want. The Place field is, obviously, the city or township,
county and state of enumeration. In the Notes field I record the pertinent
information from the census.
The Event Definition is set up like so:

[HeShe] appeared on the [Desc] census [onDate] [inPlace].[Sources] [Notes]

So I end up with a sentence like this:

He appeared on the U. S. Federal census on 10 April 1930 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga
County, Ohio, USA. [Followed by information transcribed from the census]

This way the Event works for any country's census (or state census).

Terri