Paula,
To get the full source information when you are on ancestry.com you will see on
the right side of the image a little green tab with arrows pointing left that
when you hover over it it says “view source” click on it and it will slide out
you will get the full source. However this does not show the roll number, but
you can get it from the image page by utilizing hovering over the browser’s tab
or title bar and the roll number is in the title of the page for example for
Sheet 1 A of E.D. 86-32 Ward 1 block 265 of Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan it
says /m-t0627-01898-00156 this page has 365 stamped on it. The roll number is
the 01898 number. So using the template I filled out as follows:

Jurisdiction City: Grand Rapids, Ward 1, Block 265
Roll: 1898
Enumeration District: 86-32, supervisor district (SD) 86-5 (note that putting
the SD is optional)
Sheet: 1A
Page: 385 (stamped)  (note if it was written in hand it would be (written) and
if it was sheet B there will not be a number stamp so I just put for example
385b
Household No. the number of that you want.
ID of Person: I use the name of the head of household “Charles Miller household
Date Accessed: the day you viewed or downloaded it.

Then I transcribed the lines and family in the Text area and then attach the
page image

Then I create a census event. If the image is of the family I create the event
under the marriage and copy the transcribed text from the source text and put
it in the event notes and site the source. I then use the event clipboard to
copy the event to any children that are showing and then edit that event to
only show their line of info .

This is my preference.

Also note that when ever you are typing in one of the fields of the template
all you have to do is hover the mouse over the label and the help note will
appear for that field.
Hope this helps,
Russ Strong