From:Michele Lewis <ancestor...@gmail.com>
To:LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Sun, April 29, 2012 4:29:48 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] 1940 census template questions

Each enumeration district has its own sheet numbers.

ED 37-1
Sheet 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B etc.

ED 37-2
Sheet 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B etc

The page numbers are stamped on the sheets AFTER all of the sheets come
together.  ED 37-1, sheet 1A would be page one.  Then they go sequential through
ED 37-1 and continue on to ED 37-2, 37-3, 37-4.

When you get to the next county (38) this whole things started over.

ED 38-1
Sheet 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B etc.

ED 38-2
Sheet 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B etc

The page numbers will start with page 1 on 38-1 sheet 1A all the way through to
the last sheet of the last ED.

Does that make sense?

For Mississippi,
37 is Lamar County   38 is Lauderdale County.

Michele