so now i am on my new laptop with Windows 8, I downloaded Legacy and
put the family tree on this computer also.  There is only the sample
file in data. I put in my thumb drive and I got an alert that there is
issues with the thumb drive, it is scanning it now. What a bummer this
is for me. But still on my other computer when I open llegacy my
family file should just open up, like it did last night,  This is very
frustrating.