On 02/05/2013 18:19, Peter wrote:
>   Do I want to wind up with a huge combined file with both
> families in it? or would it be better to keep them separate -- as there
> are no later or earlier connections.

I would say you definitely want to end up with one combined file.  (And
if it only comprises 130 individuals it is minute, not huge!  My file
has about 3,000 people and that's quite small compared to some.)

You say there are no later or earlier connections, but are you sure.
Unless the two families came from entirely different areas there is
always a chance that there could have been an inter-marriage somewhere
along the line.  And if these are your grandparents then at least one of
your parents and you and any children you might have must be connected
to them.  Sometimes in my research I come across a time when 2 of my
relatives from quite different branches of my family were living in the
same street - I think these little discoveries are fun.

--
Jenny M Benson