I've lost the genesis of this thread, so I may be repeating
something you've already tried.  If so, forgive and delete.

On the family screen, there is a line that ends Window
Options Help.

Click OPTIONS.  Click Customize.  Click FONTS tab.

Now, in the 3rd of 4 sections of the screen there's a NOTES
line above a SOURCES line.  Click on the font-name for
Sources.  This brings up a screen where you can specify
font-face and size, whether bold/ital/ul .  Change the font
size there.

It worked for me, at least, on my free version, which is a
couple years old.

Cheryl