Jay,

Whilst what you say is true, I suspect that Sue is asking a different question.

Initially she says "a solo mother" there is an implication here that this was
the situation at the time of the adoption.

If that was the case then the addition of an unknown male partner to Sue would
be incorrect.

If, Sue, that is the case, please do let us know so that we are aware of the
exact situation.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/