From: Ron Ferguson
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:02 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Solo parent adoption

Jay,

Whilst what you say is true, I suspect that Sue is asking a different question.

Initially she says "a solo mother" there is an implication here that this was
the situation at the time of the adoption.

If that was the case then the addition of an unknown male partner to Sue would
be incorrect.

If, Sue, that is the case, please do let us know so that we are aware of the
exact situation.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/

Jay 1FamilyTree <1familytree....@gmail.com> wrote:

Sue,

Stop trying to get rid of it and look for a way to word your 'father' and
mother of the adopted child, that works well for you.

The child was not an immaculate conception, so he/she has biological parents.

Personally, I use UnknownM for the father and UnknownF for the mother as
biological parents, and then list the child as adopted underneath the mother
and her 'other'
(and even if she doesnt have any significant other relationship , the way
Legacy is currently written, you cannot get around it)

Jay