It is more a matter of where US jurisdictions store their vital records.
In the USA those are created at and stored at the County level. For a US
location then the County is vital to knowing where to look for a record.

That is also the raison d'etre for such features as the US County
verfier in Legacy since when a county boundary changes the old records
do not move they are still in the records office of the county that
existed at the time the record was created.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

snip