From: singhals [mailto:singh...@erols.com]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 11:37 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Keyboard shortcuts

My experiences with touch screens are not happy memories.
WAAAY back-in-the-day (early 1980s), a national chain had 'em in a
store-near-me as an improvement; some improvement.
  Instead of my handing an employee a piece of paper with the "Bin 7, shelf 2
C" written on it, I was supposed to "touch" the 10 numbers matching my order
number; except the screen didn't want a touch, it wanted a serious WHAM!  Inch
forward a decade and a touch now works, but only if you touch the exact middle
pixel of a starburst. Ooze onward to summer of 2013 in an air-conditioned room
(ambient T in the hi 60s) where heat-sensitive touch-screens weren't sensing
enough heat to register - between each touch I had to rub my touching finger
against the bunched fingertips of the other hand.

Danke, mais NYET, y'know?

  Cheryl