Too many questions Pam.
Here is answers to the Mac compatibility.

I have been running L8 on two different Macs for several months during
testing of L8:
1. iMac using VMWare 6  with Windows 7 -- no problems.
2. iMac using Parallels 8 & 9 - no problems.
3. MacBook Pro - 2012 - using Parallels in both a Windows 7 and Windows 7
environment - no problems.

Good luck on your other questions.
Chap

___