That did it.    I reinstalled, the install.log was there but still wouldn't
work thru control panel.    So I reinstalled, the install.log was there.    But
the UNWISE worked perfectly.

Thanks for the quick response.   I owe you one!

Dave Pointer

        Not sure this will apply to your situation, but I had similar trouble
with 7.5. and this might work.

        Look in the program files for Install.log.  If it's not there, try
re-installing 7.5 once more.  Check again to see if install.log is among the
program files.  You need this to get it uninstalled and each time you uninstall
it is deleted.

        Now see if you can use Control Panel to uninstall, if it's there.

        If this uninstall doesn't work; re-install again to get an install.log,
then go into the program and click on Unwise.exe.  If you get options then to
do an Auto or Custom uninstall, choose custom.  You'll get various options to
uninstall.  If you hit all of them, you'll lose your unlocking number if it is
Deluxe and have to get it back from Legacy if you want to use 7.5 again.