I understand all that John, my current issue is that what I had in my Notes
field in 7.5, is now in the Description field after a : (colon) after
whatever was already there (if anything)

I don't mind if notes and or sources are default on or off, I can adjust
that to suit me, what my issue with this is, is the fact that they moved my
notes to a location that I did not want them to be.
If I wanted them in Description, I would have put them in Description in
the first place.

Make sense?