There were a couple of posts about how many characters/words the notes
fields hold.  The question was answered pretty quickly and I was tied up at
the time but there is something that I wanted to add.

There are MANY notes fields in Legacy that I think are underutilized.
There are birth notes, baptism notes, death notes, burial notes, medical
notes, location notes, event notes, image notes, marriage notes and marriage
event notes.

What is nice about these note fields is that they are specific.  If you put
everything in the General Notes or Research Notes it can get crowded and
hard to wade through.

In the report options screen, you can tell Legacy to print all of these
other notes fields in addition to the regular General, Research, Medical
notes for any report that allows notes.  Location Notes can be printed on a
Location Report (available at View > Master Lists > Locations > Options >
Print > Location Report).

Just another tool you can use :)

Michele

Technical Support