Barb,

Besides saving backups to your working hard drive, also save to either an
external hard drive, flash drive, CD or cloud storage.  If your computer hard
drive fails, you will want your backups somewhere other than that hard drive.
When I make a backup, I back up to my main computer and to cloud storage.  I
back up often because I really don’t want to lose everything.  I keep my 10
most recent backups and then delete anything earlier than that.  For cloud
storage I use SkyDrive but there is also GoogleDrive and DropBox (I am sure
there a lot more than that).  I also have my entire computer backed up using
Carbonite.

To get Legacy to automatically open up to the last file that you used or to a
specific file every time, go to Options > Customize > 1. General Settings

Options 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 are the ones you will want to look at.  This is how I
have mine set up (this is an example only)

1.1  Family View

1.2  Open last used family file automatically

1.3  Display last viewed family

Michele

Technical Support

mich...@legacyfamilytree.com <mailto:mich...@legacyfamilytree.com>