I have seen something similar once in Legacy 7.  I'm sure it was caused by
human error.  What I did was merge the newest file with a backup of the file
using IntelliShare merge.  That allowed me to see all the location changes and
discover the pattern.  In my case, it was because Salt Lake City has been
combined in the Master Locations List with Payson, Utah.  Once I knew that, I
changed all the Payson, Utah to Salt Lake City and then did the merge again to
find the few entries that should have remained Payson.  It took about an hour
but that fixed over 5000 incorrectly linked entries.  Hope this may help you to
restore at least the locations that were right in your backup but somehow got
zapped in your current file.
Ron Taylor

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:21 AM, MikeFry <emjay...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 18 Mar 2014 05:29, Anne Picketts wrote:

> Yes - I was doing a Master Lists Cleanup and left it for some time after the
> 'Not responding' msg.  Thinking back, I think the programme just closed down
> after a while - without any help from me.

Again, Windows trying to be helpful. If you try and access the offending window
when it's in this state, Windows brings up a message asking whether you want to
continue waiting or not. If you don't respond to this message then Windows will
timeout and cancel the program for you.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry