Bob,

Thank you, but unfortunately changing the word processor and text editor
made no change.  The Onenote text still pastes into Legacy as an image.
Hopefully the folks at Legacy can fix this.  In the meantime, I will
continue the extra step of pasting the text to MS Word first and then copy
from MS Word and paste into Legacy.

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Bob Austen <rgaus...@telus.net> wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>

> Legacy does have an option (11.2) to change the word processor and/or text
> editor.  The word processor can be changed to MS Word.  I'm not sure what
> difference this makes for this situation.
>

> The browser you are using can make a difference when copying/pasting to
> Legacy notes.  I use Firefox and the text copies fine right to Legacy notes
> (and other applications) but does not contain some formatting and HTML
> codes (that you might want  if you were wanting to copy to other
> applications).
>

> Firefox also allows you to click/drag to highlight portions of the
> page/text.  If you are working with Ancestry's census pages and go to 'View
> others on page' (and in the Index on the census image page) you can select
> a particular section with the use of the Ctrl key.   Hold down the Ctrl
> key, click/hold on the first name, drag to the last row/column of interest,
> and you have highlighted only the section you wish to copy.  You can
> select/deselect individual 'cells' by pressing the Ctrl key and clicking on
> the 'cell'.  Once highlighted you can copy and paste directly to Legacy
> notes.
>

> Bob A

Ron Bernier
Woonsocket, RI