Hi Jessica,

If you are using a document as a source of information for your
database, and it's not too long (such as the two-page essay you
mention), I would transcribe the essay into the Text/Comments field of
the Source Detail, so it was attached to each item of data you extracted
from it.

That way, you could have the whole essay appear just the once in your
reports (in the source pages) where data from it is used.

An alternative could be to use the Publication Centre and insert blank
pages where you would want a transcription or images of an essay to be
included amongst other Legacy-generated reports.

I'm sure there are other ways to manage this, and I look forward to
hearing ideas from others! :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy