Ron Ferguson wrote:
> David,
>
> It would seem that you are not familiar with the English quarter days.
> Historically these are the days on which many accounts had to be settled,
> especially anything relating to land, property and government administration.
> The actual day being the last day of each quarter - the first quarter day
> being 31 March in each year.

Since you alluded to it -- was 31 March the quarter day when
the year began 25 Mar?  Because my logic suggests quarter
day then would have been 26 June, which would explain a few
puzzles.

I ask primarily because I once ran across some Quaker MM
records that counted months from the date of the MM's
founding, not from the calendar (i.e., the first month was
July or September, not January or March), which was
massively misleading when one tried to match with non-Quaker
records from the area!

Cheryl