  From: Brian/Support
  To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Rearranging Source Citations

  If you have multiple sources for one event like a census the list of
  assigned sources will show the census event then there will be one line
  for each source assigned to that event. The next event in the list will
  then be listed with the source(s) assigned to it.

  Whether you have one event with multiple sources or multiple events with
  a single source for each depends on your own way of recording things. In
  the sample file that comes with Legacy each census year is a separate
  event for a person and the source for each census is assigned to the
  year to which it applies so there is only one source/event. If you have
  a Generic Census event then attach sources for the different census
  years to that source you will have one event and many sources.

  Here is a possible list for each approach
  Sample File approach
  Joe Blogs Assigned sources

  Census dated 1830  Source for 1830 census
  Other Event dated 1834 Source for the 1834 event
  Census dated 1840  Source for 1840 census
  Census dated 1860  Source for 1860 census

  Single Census approach
  Joe Blogs Assigned sources

  Census  Source for 1830 census
           Source for 1840 census
           Source for 1840 census

  Note how there is no date for the census in the second approach since
  the one event includes all census years.

  Brian
  Customer Support
  Millennia Corporation
  br...@legacyfamilytree.com
  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

  On 13/05/2014 11:36 PM, Shirley Richardson wrote:
  > I could be doing something wrong. Should I have only one Event for say,
Census and it's source, and the subsequent sources are listed below it?

<shirleyr...@clear.net.nz> wrote:

  >      Rearranging the Source Citations (Help file)
  >      You can change the order of the source citation for a specific event
by placing the cursor on the source line you want to move and then clicking the
up or down arrow near the lower left corner of the list.
  >      Has anyone any idea why this is not working?  - Legacy 7.50.278
  >
  >      Many thanks
  >      Shirley

  Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on
our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).